Last updated: 29th of October, 2017
Personal Data and Specific Personal Data:
- The collection, process and use of personal data (any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of the User, e.g. name, address, date of birth) is undertaken in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telemedia Act (TMG) and other applicable legal provisions.
- The User can use the Platform without any personal data being collected. However, for the purpose of being able to assess the use the Platform and to avoid or deal with technical problems, the IP address of the User will automatically be recorded and stored in a log file on the server with every visit to MEDTOUREASY’s website and each time a file is accessed. Under certain circumstances, IP addresses can be traced back to the specific User. MEDTOUREASY nonetheless does not undertake analyses to achieve this end nor does it use such data for its own promotional purposes, nor does it keep such data for use by third parties.
- The collection of personal data and specific personal data (including information regarding medical status, health, sex life, habits, racial or ethnic origin or religious conviction) is required to conclude and execute a contract, open a customer account or to establish contact with MEDTOUREASY or a Medical Provider partner of MEDTOUREASY. This data will be used solely for the purposes mentioned above, unless MEDTOUREASY receives the User express consent for other uses, as described in our consent form (“Consent Form”). If such, it will be used only to the extent necessary for the specific purpose, such as contract conclusion, execution and settlement.
- To fulfil these purposes, the User data will be stored in compliance with tax and trade law requirements but will be deleted after said periods have expired.
- The User may use specific services (“Specific Services”) provided by MEDTOUREASY. For this purpose, the User’s consent to the collection, processing and use of his or her personal data and, as the case may be, specific personal data within the meaning of the Federal Data Protection Act (BSDG) is necessary. This applies to the following Specific Services:
- MEDTOUREASY provides an online marketplace enabling the User to get in contact with a Medical Provider and third party service providers and affiliates (e.g. travel agencies, customer service agencies, payment providers or translators) whose services are advertised through our Platform.
- In the event that a Medical Provider concludes a contract regarding medical treatment with the User, the User consents (and, if required by law, the User shall allow the Medical Provider to deliver the respective data to MEDTOUREASY) that the Medical Provider informs MEDTOUREASY about the type and the date of the medical treatment and the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the Medical Provider to the User.
- In the event that a third party service provider concludes a contract with the User regarding certain services, the User shall allow the third party service provider to inform MEDTOUREASY about the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the service provider to the User.
- In the event that the User is a policyholder of an Insurance company (“Insurer”) partner of MEDTOUREASY, the User shall allow the Medical Provider, third party service provider and Insurer to inform MEDTOUREASY about the specific personal data regarding the medical treatment of the User, the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the service provider to the User or to the Insurer.
- Forums are set-up on the Platform or in affiliates online websites, which permit the exchange of experiences and opinions between the Users.
- The User has the opportunity to receive a newsletter on a regular basis.
- MEDTOUREASY uses the personal data for its own advertising and will send to the User via email, call, sms or by mail information about MEDTOUREASY, new products, new services, Medical Providers, etcetera.
- As far and to the extent that the passing on of personal data and specific personal data to third parties is not allowed pursuant to the aforementioned provisions, we will pass on personal data and specific personal data to third parties only in the following events:
- As far as required and permitted by law, we will share personal data and specific personal data with companies, organisations or individuals outside MEDTOUREASY if we believe that the passing on is reasonably necessary to enforce applicable terms of service (including investigation of potential violations), address security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights of MEDTOUREASY.
- The User has the right at any time to oppose the collecting, processing and use of personal data and specific personal data with effect for the future. For this, please send an email with a brief explanation of the opposition to contact@MedTourEasy.com and specify name, address and username (if any). Instead of sending an email, the User may send the opposition via mail (letter) to the following address: MEDTOUREASY GmbH, Rosenthaler Straße 13, 10119 Berlin, Germany.
- MEDTOUREASY may also compile, reconcile and share aggregated information (information about the User and other Users that is anonymised in a way it no longer identifies or references an individual User) and non-personal data for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and for other MEDTOUREASY business purposes.
- By clicking the appropriate check box during the inquiry and checkout process, the User is consenting to the following forms of data processing
- The User consents that MEDTOUREASY may review, scan, or analyse the User communications either on the Platform or over email with the Medical Provider partner of MEDTOUREASY for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. MEDTOUREASY uses automated methods to review, scan or analyse the User communications, however, occasionally MEDTOUREASY may need to manually review some communications for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools.
- A log file (containing, inter alia, the site from which the file was requested, the date and time of the request, the amount of data transferred) is created with every visit to MEDTOUREASY’s website and every time a file is accessed. Due to technical limitations, these data cannot be identified as belonging to a specific User. We do not merge or compare these data with other data sources; the data is deleted after being used for statistical evaluation.
- MEDTOUREASY collects and stores anonymous data for optimisation and marketing purposes, for example on anonymous User profiles or on User behaviour. To this end Flash and cookies may also be used. Cookies and Flash Cookies are alphanumeric identification codes, which MEDTOUREASY transmits to the hard drive of a computer using the User Web browser or other programs. If the User do not wish cookies, they can disable them according to manufacturer’s instructions for the User’s browser.
- It is not necessary to accept cookies to visit MEDTOUREASY website. However, if the User would like to bookmark a healthcare provider as a favourite or be reminded of the healthcare providers looked at, the User will need to set the browser to accept cookies.
- Cookies and flash cookies are small files that are saved on the User data carrier which store specific information about preferred settings and any other data that MEDTOUREASY system needs when interacting with browsers. There are two different kinds of cookies: session cookies, which are deleted the moment the User quits the browser; and temporary cookies, which are stored on the User browser for a longer period of time. Cookies help MEDTOUREASY to tailor the Platform to suit the User and to reflect preferences and browsing habits. They also allow MEDTOUREASY to save any information entered so the User don’t have to enter it all again on the next visit.
- Most of the cookies MEDTOUREASY uses are session cookies which are deleted at the end of a browser session. MEDTOUREASY do use some cookies that remain on the User computer after having quit the browser. This kind of cookie enables MEDTOUREASY system to recognise that the User have visited the Platform before and to remember which settings and healthcare providers are preferred. These temporary cookies have a lifespan of around one month, after which they will be automatically deleted. These cookies allow MEDTOUREASY to collect and analyse data to come up with strategies to improve the Platform. This makes MEDTOUREASY website easier to use.
- The cookies used by MEDTOUREASY are never used to store any personal information. Therefore our cookies cannot be traced back to an individual User. Once a cookie is activated, it is given an ID number, which is solely used for internal reference and cannot be used to identify the User or access any personal information, such as your name or IP address. The anonymised information we receive from the cookies allows us to assess which pages of MEDTOUREASY site are visited the most and see which procedures and healthcare providers are the most popular.
- The MEDTOUREASY website gathers information that could be useful in tailoring adverts and online offer to the User. This information is not used to identify you as a User; it is solely used for the optimization of the Platform. Information collected by these cookies is not stored with the User personal information or order information, it is only used to provide the User with adverts and/or notification of offers and services that are suited to their individual requirements, using click stream analysis.
- MEDTOUREASY uses retargeting, which allows it to make the online offer more interesting for the User. Retargeting technology means MEDTOUREASY can advertise recently viewed and related healthcare providers on partners’ websites, meaning adverts, even on other companies’ sites, that are relevant to what the User would like to see. This kind of information is anonymous, with no personal information being stored and no user profiles.